Well, there's a new meme doing the rounds, but this one is a little more, well, intresting. It's called the Thinking Blogger Award.
It originated with The Thinking Blog* in Februrary.
The rules of the meme are as follows:
1. Post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to original source blog (which would be The Thinking Blog, I guess)**
3. If you don’t choose to do either then please display your thinking blogger logo as shown on this posting.
Well, thanks to Ian (who is the person I'd much rather link to, since he said such nice things about me and I actually read him and stuff), I've been awarded a "Thinking Blogger Award". How flattered am I? My little heart is all a-flutter...
As I was looking at my blogroll, wondering who I would pick, I noticed that I hadn't updated it in some time. So this inspired me to update. Killing two birds with one stone and all that. Damn, I'm productive today.
So, here, in no particular order, are five blogs that make me think. Too bad I couldn't pick everyone. Other faves are in my blogroll...
1) The Needs of the Few. Evil Spock (and his collaborators) always have something interesting to say on the state of the world. Besides, seeing as he will one day take over said world (starting with the American Presidency in 2012), I want to keep on his good side.
2) Dan's Blah Blah Blog. He makes me think, but he also, almost invariably makes me laugh, which is even better. . .
3) Stop Looking at Me. Choochoo makes me think of the absurdity of life. Which is good. You don't want to take yourself too seriously. Besides, she's going to eventually be battling Evil Spock for world domination, so I have to stay on her good side too.
4) Whateverings. Paula Becker is an illustrator who divides her time between Montreal and Texas. She entertains me and her illustrations make me happy. That's all. Becoming her pencil shapener is my goal in life.
5) This Just In. Gnightgirl is the mother of a soldier. In Iraq. I don't know how she does it. Her blog is funny, insightful, and at times heartbreaking. I just recently discovered her and she's become a definite favourite.
Ian is my honorary pick, but he's been picked twice already so in order to keep his ego from inflating too much, he's not gonna be official.
I've noticed, writing this, that everyone on this list also makes me laugh. Laughter is a great antidote to thinking too much. There's not much point in taking life too seriously if you have to die anyway.
* I have no idea if this is a good blog or not, I just googled the award.
** So basically, this is just a way for the Thinking Blog to get lots of links and thus get boosted on those sites that classify you according to the links you get (i.e. Technorati) - at least I think that's how it works. If someone wants to boost their rating who am I to stand in their way? If such is their ambition, more power to them. Though personally I think it makes way more sense to link to the person who chose you....